After the previous iteration of A2PI, I realized that the locomotion system and its chassis were rather badly suited for actual operation on carpet, which floors much of my house. I completely reconstructed the system, replacing many of its parts with new ones.
I’m not quite done with it yet – the LCD isn’t actually connected to anything, and the scan sensor and the line sensor are not even attached yet, much less programmed.
As of now, A2PI will not crash into anything wider than 4″; however, A2PI does not yet know how to drive in a straight line. The code for doing so will be implemented eventually.