I’m still not quite done with all of the updates for my robot—most notably the wheels. I’ve actually run into a little trouble: the wheels I was intending to use are actually too good at sticking to the ground to turn easily—the rubber tires fall off every once in a while. To solve this, I’m planning to use some omniwheels for the front, which should convert the drive system from four drive wheels to only two, and thus reduce the shearing force on the wheels.
I’ve also got a (really short) video from before I started the wheel switch:
[flashvideo file=”http://tpmo.im/upload/robot/quick_drive_test.flv” /]